osCommerce has attracted a large and growing community that consists of over 257,300 store owners, developers, service providers, and enthusiasts who support and work with each other on their online business. To date there are over 6,700 add-ons available for free to customize osCommerce Online Merchant online stores that help increase sales.
osCommerce Online Merchant is an Open Source online shop e-commerce solution that is available for free with a feature rich set of out-of-the-box online shopping cart functionality that allows store owners to setup, run, and maintain online stores with minimum effort and with no costs, fees, or limitations involved.
With over 10 years of operation, osCommerce has built a showcase of over 12,700 online shops that have been voluntarily added to the live shops section, and powers many thousands of more online shops worldwide.
Please find a list of osCommerce features below.
- Easy Setup & Installation - Automatic web-browser based installation and upgrade procedure
- Template struture implementation to allow layout changes to be adaptive, easy, and quickly to make
- Support for dynamic images
- Supports unlimited products and categories
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Support for physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products
- Contact customers directly via email or newsletters
- Easily backup and restore the database
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
- Statistics for products and customers
- Multilingual support
- Multicurrency support
- Automatically update currency exchange rates
- Select what to display, and in what order, in the product listing page
- Support for static and dynamic banners with full statistics
- All orders stored in the database for fast and efficient retrieval
- Customers can view their order history and order statuses
- Customers can maintain their accounts
- Addressbook for multiple shipping and billing addresses
- Temporary shopping cart for guests and permanent shopping cart for customers
- Fast and friendly quick search and advanced search features
- Product reviews for an interactive shopping experience
- Forseen checkout procedure
- Global and per-category bestseller lists
- Display what other customers have ordered with the current product shown
- Automated display of specials
- Control if out of stock products can still be shown and are available for purchase
- Customers can subscribe to products to receive related emails/newsletters
- Weight, price, and destination based shipping modules
- Tax Functionality
How Do I Set Up osCommerce with SecurePay?
osCommerce integrates with our Secure XML API and our Hosted Payment Solution known as DirectOne. Please click here to download our osCommerce payment modules.