Tokenisation & Storage
Tokenisation is the storage of a card number in SecurePay's PCI DSS compliant system and replacement of the card number in your system with a storage reference (token).
This process allows your system to continue to operate as though you had the original card number, but reduces your PCI DSS compliance requirements.
Why store cards with SecurePay?
- You reduce your PCI DSS compliance workload
- You still retain control over your payment processing
- 16 digit tokens replace card numbers to simplify integration with legacy systems by replacing card numbers
- Continue processing via batch or API, simply replace the card numbers in your files with tokens
The easiest way to tokenise a card is with our hosted products:
Using these products, your customers enter their card in to a web page and submit directly to SecurePay. SecurePay returns the token to you for easy storage in your system.
With this system you can:
- Tokenise cards one at a time or in bulk.
- Always get the same token for any card number.
- Trigger payments against the token using our API's.
- Trigger payments in bulk via our batch service.
And should you ever leave us, we guarantee that we will decrypt and return your cards to you in a PCI-DSS compliant manner. After all, it's your business, we are just the custodian.